Faculty of Clinical Informatics Events Page
This page provides listings, information and registration for all upcoming Faculty events.
Faculty of Clinical Informatics Annual Scientific Conference
Follow the conference on Twitter #UKFCI2020
The Faculty of Clinical Informatics are pleased to announce the Inaugural Annual Scientific Conference, taking place on Thursday 14th May 2020 at the De Vere Canary Wharf Conference Centre, London
Join us at the Faculty of Clinical Informatics inaugural scientific conference – the foremost event for the science and practice of clinical informatics. The conference offers an opportunity to learn about pioneering research and insights for using information to improve health and well- being. The conference will have topics across the spectrum from managing information and communications for improving patient care, to tracking the health of populations.
It will bring together informatics professionals from diverse health and care backgrounds committed to transforming health through informatics. From the leading experts in the field, to the students eager to get started, the conference provides an opportunity to learn and to grow professionally, to network and to start new collaborations.
“Our First FCI Scientific Conference is designed to push Clinical Informatics forwards in the UK, bringing together national and international experts in the field. Our annual conference will progress the science and profession of informatics and increase learning and knowledge for all delegates as well as stimulating those at the front of the profession to submit their innovative ideas as free papers at the conference in addition to an inspiring programme with a range of talks, educational sessions and workshops.”
“I am delighted with the innovative programme we have developed for the 1st Annual Scientific Conference for the Faculty of Clinical Informatics UK. This includes an International Lecture delivered remotely from New York via Webex, 8 Instructional Courses focused on the different branches of our membership, and electronic PowerPoint posters with a facility to include dynamic video presentations.”
The conference will include national and international updates, scientific papers and instructional courses. Instructional courses will focus on:
- Which interoperability standards should the NHS use?
- Informatics in Mental Health
- The role of Informatics in the allied health professions
- The role of Informatics in Pharmacy
- SNOMED CT
- How do virtual clinics work?
- How does NHSX work?
The conference will include the National Launch of the core competency standards for informaticians to help ensure that individuals and their employers are clear about the skills and experience required for clinical informatics roles.
The conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve clinical informatics practice
- Learn from outstanding practice in the UK and Internationally
- Reflect on national developments and learning including the new competency standards for informaticians
- Learn about ways to improve the way data is used to improve patient care
- Develop your skills as a clinical informatician
- Learn from scientific papers to improve practice
- Identify key strategies for standards and interoperability
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest developments at NHSX
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
Current speakers include:
- Beverly Bryant – Chief Digital Officer (CDIO), Guy’s and St Thomas’ and Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Anna Bayes – Medical Director, Allscripts UK
- Mark Davies – Chief Medical Officer (Europe, Middle East & Africa), Watson Health and IBM
- Will Monaghan – Interim Director of Operations, NHS X
- Claudia Pagliari – Senior Lecturer in Primary Care and Informatics & Programme Co-Director, University of Edinburgh
- Suzanne Bakken – Alumni Professor of Nursing and Professor of Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University
- Rob Miller – Director of ICT and Clinical Information Officer (CIO), London Borough of Hackney
For more information and to book your place at the conference, visit the Healthcare Conferences UK page.